Effective date: May 8, 2018
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under age 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not access, use, or submit any personal information through the Site. If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received personal information from an individual under age 18, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that the Site is hosted in the United States. Therefore, your information, including any personal information provided pursuant to the Site, may be processed and stored in the United States. As a result, United States federal and state governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in the United States. Your use of the Site or your submission of any information to us will constitute your consent to the transfer of your information outside of your country of residence, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about how your information may be processed or stored in the United States.
We collect the following types of information in the manner described below.
1. We collect information from and about you when you visit or use with the Site.
Account Information. You must provide certain information when you create an account (“Account Information”) to receive our Services. This information includes your name, postal address, email address, date of birth, phone number, the password you create, and credit card or other payment information. Your account information also includes records and copies of any correspondence with you and details of any transactions you carry out through our Services.
Following are examples of ways in which you may visit or use the Site:
3. We may automatically collect other information about you, including:
4. We may collect information about you from publicly available sources.
We may use the information that we collect for the following purposes, including:
1. User Content. Visitors to and users of the Site may be permitted to post and submit comments and other content to the Site, as more particularly described in the Terms. Before submitting any such content, please read the Terms carefully. We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor credit or remove any activity or content on the Site. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any content posted or submitted by you or any third party.
3. Direct Marketing. We may share personal information with third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Please see Your California Privacy Rights below.
4. Business Changes. If we become involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, divestiture, joint venture, securities offering, financing, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or other transaction or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, we may share, sell or transfer your information to a third party or parties in connection therewith and it may be used subsequently by such third party or parties.
5. Investigations and Law. Regardless of the choices you make regarding your information (as described below) and to the extent permitted by applicable law, we may disclose information about you to third parties to:
6. Site Analysis. We or a third party may analyze how you use the Site and may analyze the Site.
7. Aggregate, Anonymous and De-Identified Data. We may share aggregate, anonymous or de-identified data relating to visitors to and users of the Site with any third party for any purpose.
8. At Your Request. We may share your information with any other individual or third party or service provider at your request.
10. For Any Other Purpose Disclosed by Us. For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
11. Cookies and Other Technologies; Do Not Track. Please see Cookies and Other Technologies; Do Not Track below.
1. Cookies. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer.
2. Web Beacons. Web beacons or tags (small images embedded into websites or emails that send information about your computer when you visit the Site, or open an email we send to you) may be used either by us or a third party.
3. Flash Cookies or Local Shared Objects. We may use flash cookies or Local Shared Objects.
4. Third parties may collect personally identifiable information about an individual user's online activities over time and across different Internet services when a user uses the Site.
5. Do Not Track. At this time, we do not respond to “Do Not Track” signals sent from Web browsers or other mechanisms that provide users the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about a user’s online activities over time and across third party Internet services.
While we take reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures to protect the information you submit via the Site against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. No Internet or electronic communication transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Internet or electronic communications, including those sent through the Site, may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information through the Site and take special care in deciding which information you provide us with. We encourage you to take steps to help protect the confidentiality and security of your registered account and your information, including by doing the following:
We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Site. The comments and other content that you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Site.
You have choices regarding the use of information on the Site.
1. Changing Your Information. You may make changes to your information, including accessing your information, correcting or updating your information or deleting your information by going to your account dashboard.
2. Email Communications. You can make changes regarding receiving email communications from us by going to your acount dashboard
3. Cookies and Other Technologies; Do Not Track. Please see Cookies and Other Technologies; Do Not Track above.
5. Comments and Other Content. If you delete your comments and other content from the Site, copies of your comments and other content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Site users.
6. Correction or Removal. You may access, correct or remove personal information that you have provided to us by going to your account dashboard. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. Information that has already been de-identified and/or aggregated may not be retrievable or traced back for correction or removal from any database.
Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code permits California residents to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information about the types of personal information the business has shared with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. You may make one request each year by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org